Friday, July 07, 2006

In the Blogosphere...


Not much from the world of blogs today. Searching revealed many women who say they like to wear overalls, but no pics besides this one of a fashion model. One "fashion consultant" (fancy term for life-time shop-a-holic) says wearing overalls - and other "cute" outfits - on business casual days, is "disempowering." Disempowering? Here is a funny idea: the men at your office don't respect you because of what you wear. Here's the reality: those men are intellectually vaccuous, judgmental, simpletons who are going to hold on to their prejudices, overalls or not. Moreover, if you need a fashion consultant, seek professional help as it's astounding you have made it through life on your own up to this point. That's division of labor run amok: can't handle my finances - see a financial consultant; can't dress myself - see a fashion consultant; can't feed myself without becoming a morbidly obese gelatinous blob - see a dietary consultant. Women, wear what you will to business casual day; fashion is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure why I felt like I needed to comment on this, but I did, so... sorry for the rant.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, overallslover. Some people say that overalls "disfigure" a woman, that they make her a shapeless being. I don't agree. I don't see women in overalls often, but when I see them, I can see their figure quite clearly. And when an attractive woman is wrapped in overalls, it's kind-a sexy to "unwrap" her by undoing the straps. That's what I like about women in overalls.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home